Boxing Technique Workshop
Our technique workshops help you get the most out of your workouts and prevent hand and wrist injury.
Participation in a Boxing Technique Workshop for members new to boxing is mandatory when you start your membership with us.
Although our boxing classes are fitness based it is important to master correct technique in punching and pad holding. Incorrect technique guarantees you will get hurt or hurt someone else and this cannot be tolerated at Dynamic Boxing.
Our Boxing Technique Workshops help you get the most out of your boxing classes by helping you reduce your risk of hand and wrist injury. No pain means you can get maximum enjoyment out of your boxing workouts and you can punch it out safely and effectively for years to come.
Just as importantly, if you’re new to Dynamic, the workshop will boost your confidence so you don’t have to worry about stuff like ‘holding back your partner’ or ‘letting everyone down’ when we do a group drill.
So do yourself a favour and ramp on with our technique workshop – the benefits of correct punch technique will pay off now, and in the long term. The workshop runs for 45 mins and costs only $29. A session like this is normally worth $65, but we deliberately keep this super-cheap to avoid barriers to participation.
Why Do It?
- Shake off the newbie awkward phase
- Reduce the risk of injury to yourself and to your partner
- Build up your confidence – the most common newbie concern is that ‘you will hold others back’
- Better technique involves the whole body. Get it right to really work up a sweat and burn more calories
- To ensure you get the most out of your membership with us.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to hold focus pads properly and avoid injury to yourself or your partner
- Correct footwork to improve power and support the lower back
- How to apply hand wraps properly to give you the right amount of protection
- And most importantly, how to execute your punches correctly so you don’t hurt your hands or wrist
This 1 hour session is available by bookings only and incurs a fee of $29. Click the button below to purchase and then book your lesson here.
We Recommend 3 Items For Your Comfort And Safety
- Quality Leather Boxing Gloves. Women need a 12oz glove and men 16oz. Good quality gloves will provide padding over your knuckles and protect you against bruising and skinning your knuckles and generalised knuckle soreness.
- Ribbon handwraps or Quickwraps. Handwraps and quickwraps provide extra padding across the knuckles and also stabilise the wrist.
- Quality Focus Pads that absorb the shock for you and spare the ligaments and tendons of your elbows, shoulders and wrists reducing risk of elbow tendonitis, wrist sprains and shoulder pain.
Speak to your group fitness trainer for assistance.