Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar & How to Use It
Despite gaining recent recognition online, the benefits of apple cider vinegar (ACV) have actually been known for many years. People have been fermenting apples for centuries to make vinegar, medicine, cider, juice, jams, alcohol and preserved apples. The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are extensive including combating acid reflux, skin problems and high blood pressure.
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples being fermented for 8 weeks or longer. The process involves cutting up apples, mixing them with sugar and water in a jar and then leaving it to ferment for a number of weeks. It is in this fermentation process that the health boosting enzymes and probiotics are produced.
Apple cider vinegar has many uses for the skin, body, hair and the household. So here are a number of benefits and uses of apple cider vinegar.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits including:
- Drinking apple cider vinegar helps your body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level
- Drinking apple cider vinegar helps to regulate blood sugar
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can help lower blood pressure
- Drinking apple cider vinegar improves heart health
- Drinking apple cider vinegar promotes healthy detoxification of the liver and other organs
- Drinking apple cider vinegar eliminates candida overgrowth
- Drinking apple cider vinegar eases digestive ailments
- Drinking apple cider vinegar accelerates weight loss
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can help to prevent osteoporosis
- Drinking apple cider vinegar slows the aging process
- Drinking apple cider vinegar can fight against free radicals
- Drinking apple cider vinegar relieves symptoms of acid reflux
- Applying apple cider vinegar can improve skin health
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
The amazing thing about apple cider vinegar is that there are so many uses for this product. Plus it is readily available and inexpensive to purchase. So here are four uses of ACV:
Use Apple Cider Vinegar On The Skin
Apple cider vinegar has many benefits for the skin. It can help fight acne, scarring, bacteria, rashes and infections. ACV has amazing cleaning properties that help to fight skin conditions. It can also reduce the itchy feeling of bug bites. To use ACV on your face mix 1tsp ACV with 1tsp water and then apply. To use it on your body just directly apply it.
Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
The benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar are endless. You should drink 1 tablespoon a day just for your general health. But if you suffer from ailments like acid reflex, take 1 tsp after every meal. If you suffer from low blood pressure or high cholesterol then take 2 tbsp per day. You can also use ACV to help you lose weight by taking 2 to 3 tbsp per day for a period of 4 or more weeks.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar In Your Hair
Apple cider vinegar can be used instead of shampoo. The shampoo that you purchase on the shelves today can actually be very harmful in the long run, some even contain carcinogenic ingredients. So apple cider vinegar is a great alternative to using store bought shampoo. ACV cleans the hair of dirt, grime and grease. It can also remove the buildup of mineral deposits, reduce breakage, repair split ends and promote blood circulation to the hair follicles, thus encouraging hair growth. Simply rinse your hair with ACV when washing.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar In Your Laundry Detergent
Forget store bought laundry detergents that are full of many unknown chemicals that can cause skin irritations. Apple cider vinegar is a great natural detergent that can kill bacteria, remove stains, remove odors and make your clothes nice and soft. Do not worry about the smell of the ACV, as it will disappear with the water. If you would like to learn how to use ACV in your washing then you can read more here.
Trainer and Body Transformations Coach
Dynamic Boxing Fitness
Follow us on Facebook for health and wellness advice