WITHOUT QUESTION BOXING IS THE ULTIMATE FULL BODY WORKOUT
Boxing not only helps to strengthen and tone every muscle in your body, but it’s also a great stress release. Best of all, being high intensity in nature, it burns tons of calories and will be your best friend in weight loss.
At Dynamic Boxing Fitness, we provide winning formula boxing workouts that challenge you both mentally and physically and keep you coming back for more.
Group Boxing & Fitness Classes Melbourne
We specialize in providing you with outstanding group boxing fitness classes that are time efficient, fun, and best of all results producing.
In taking an innovative approach to group boxing training we’ve created the perfect mix by blending high energy, highly motivated trainers with years of experience handling groups large and small with a fun and varied format using indoor and outdoor spaces, and a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
We know how important it is for you to easily incorporate activity into your lifestyle so all you have to do is show up and be guided through a fantastic results producing boxing workout that you will absolutely love.
Our boxing classes contain all 5 elements necessary for success:
- Warm Up – A thorough warmup incorporating dynamic stretching, skipping, running and bodyweight work will prepare your body for intense physical activity and help prevent injury.
- Boxing Training – The boxing is what it’s all about! Get ready to sweat up a storm, burn massive calories and get your heart rate sky high with a solid 30 minutes of non-stop boxing skill work, stationary and moving boxing combinations, speed punching and time drills with bodyweight exercises thrown into the mix for good measure. Working with a partner, a group of 3 or the whole class, the combinations and permutations are endless…and that’s why you’ll keep coming back for more week after week after week!
- Body Weight Training –In our boxing classes, you’ll use your own bodyweight as resistance when you perform muscle, bone and core strengthening exercises like pushups, pull ups, squats, lunges and burpees. The end result is that you work your body evenly all over, including the bits that could get a little neglected like the pulling muscles in women and the lower body. And if you’re stronger all over, you know what that means – harder punches and a greater work output so you can burn more calories and get even more out of your workouts!
- Abdominal Work – A strong core is where it all begins. A strong core supports your lower back and stabilizes your body when you box. We dedicate some time in each class to focus on core strengthening exercises…and you’ll work some of those vanity muscles as well like your six-pack and obliques. Who doesn’t want a six pack right?
- Stretching – Stretching while warm at the end of a class will help to relax tight muscles and improve the flexibility of your tendons and plays a role in future injury prevention. Feel those endorphins as you relax into your stretches – you’ll finish your session on a high!
At Dynamic Boxing Fitness we can wax lyrical about the many, many benefits of boxing. In fact, we think you’re crazy if you don’t give it a go. Here we’ve collated our Top 10 Benefits of Boxing – 10 more fantastic reasons why you should give it a try:
HERE’S OUR TOP 10 BENEFITS TO BOXING
1: Fat Burning
Did you know boxing can burn as much as 500 calories per session? Here’s another fact you’ll appreciate even more: When performing high intensity training, you not only burn heaps of calories during the session, but for hours after the training session has ended. Typical cardio exercise does not have this post training calorie burning effect. That’s why boxing is your best friend when it comes to losing weight.
2: Increased Muscle Tone
A typical boxer’s physique is toned and defined without a lot of bulk and that’s why it’s perfect if you want to really tone up. This is because punching is a fast repetitive action that produces toned taut muscles, in contrast to the slow, controlled, very heavy movements involved in body-building or weight lifting that produce size or bulk.
3: Build Strong Bones and Ligaments
Resistance training strengthens your bones and reduces the progression of osteoporosis. In boxing, focus pads and punching bags provide resistance as does your own bodyweight when you perform pushups, pull ups, lunges, burpees and various other exercises. Your joints, tendons and ligaments will also get stronger in response to working against resistance.
Using your bodyweight as can also help you maintain or increase your lean muscle mass which is absolutely critical to keeping your metabolic rate burning at maximum capacity. This is of utmost importance if you are trying to lose body fat.
4: Increased Cardiovascular Fitness
Boxing is a full body movement so when you throw punches a huge number of your body’s muscles are contracting at the same time. This makes your heart and lungs work overtime to pump blood containing oxygen all around your body.
Boxing will test your cardiovascular system to the max, forcing your body to adapt by making your heart and lungs better at delivering oxygen. This means that you can train at a higher intensity, giving an even greater fat burning effect.
5: Better Muscular Endurance
Boxing requires your muscles to contract repeatedly causing the muscles involved to fatigue. With training, your muscles can keep contracting for longer durations without getting tired, allowing you to train harder for longer and ultimately burn more calories.
6: Improved Core Stability
Anything that causes your body to become unstable requires your core muscles to work harder to keep you balanced. Boxing requires lots of fast rotational movements and these core muscles will develop to allow you to punch hard without losing your balance
7: Increased Strength and Power
Boxing is the ultimate full body workout. Correctly thrown punches use your legs, hips, glutes, core, obliques, back, shoulders, chest and arms. Punching against resistance causes all of these muscles to contract with more force and speed, developing further your strength and power.
8: Stress Relief
Sure, boxing is a fantastic physical activity that can help you get in shape, but it has psychological benefits too. Hitting stuff can make you feel really good! Take out the stresses of your normal life in a safe, controlled environment. It will leave you calm and relaxed and ready to tackle whatever curveball life throws at you next!
9: Improved Co-ordination and Body Awareness
Moving lots of parts at the same time requires a good connection between your brain and your body. With patience and practice, focus and discipline can transfer over to other sports and activities.
10: Greater Confidence and Self-Esteem
Mastering the techniques involved in boxing often make people feel pretty good! The better your technique, the more force you can put into your punch. The noise you hear when you land a strong, accurate punch right on the sweet spot of the focus pad is so satisfying!
Lose Weight With Group Boxing Classes!