This peppermint bark is a healthy treat for the holiday season that everyone will love!
⇒ ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
⇒ ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
⇒ 2 tablespoons coconut milk
⇒ ¾ cup coconut butter, melted*
⇒ handful fresh or dried cranberries, chopped
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- Mix in the peppermint extract and coconut milk to the melted chocolate until smooth. If your chocolate becomes thick, add some coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at the time until you achieve a desired consistency.
- Line a 9-inch or 8-inch pan with a large piece of parchment paper covering the bottom and all four sides of the pan, and spread the chocolate across the bottom of the pan
- Freeze or refrigerate until chocolate sets
- Pour melted coconut butter evenly on top of chocolate and refrigerate for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with chopped cranberries and refrigerate until the coconut layer is firm
- Break or cut into small pieces and serve
*To melt the coconut butter, place the glass jar in a pan with hot water.
You can also make your own coconut butter by adding 2 cups of unsweetened dried shredded coconut to a food processor or high speed blender and processing until the coconut turns into a smooth creamy paste.
By Adrianna Harlan
Living Healthy With Chocolate