Losing weight is hard! The hardest part is the cravings for delicious cake and pasta and pizza and chocolate yummmm! A diet does not have to mean depriving your taste buds. There are a few ticks and treats you can use to put those cravings at bay.
Clean treats are the secrete weapon to fight cravings. They provide all the deliciousness you crave without the extra calories. Natural pleasures I like to call them. Plus they are usually not high in calories so you can indulge every single day. You don’t have to hold back any longer! So here are three of the most delicious clean treat recipes:
- 2 scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (as required)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (for mixing)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender or bar mix.
- With wet hands roll mixture into balls.
- Then roll in shredded coconut
Clean Chocolate Crackles
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder OR choc protein powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 3 tbsp organic agave syrup or rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 6 patty Cases
- Heat coconut oil till it is liquid on stove.
- Add Agave/Rice Malt Syrup and mix together.
- Slowly add Cacao Powder until you reach the desired flavour.
- Then take off stove and add the coconut and puffed rice and stir.
- Lay patty cases out on a tray and spoon mixture in using a Tablespoon measure.
- Place in freezer for 15mins and serve.
Cashew Coconut Fudge
- 1/2 cup 100% all natural roasted cashew butter
- 3 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan friendly)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- Melt coconut butter in a bowl that is submerged in boiling water. Leave to sit for 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it turns to liquid.
- Mix in honey and cashew butter, leaving the mixture in the large bowl of boiling water, until smooth.
- Line a 500g loaf tin with baking parchment or lightly grease with coconut oil. Pour mixture into the tin and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before removing and slicing.